Role Title: Tax Intern
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Senior Tax Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
The Tax Intern is responsible for aiding the Senior Tax Manager in tax preparation for clients.
- Use of standard technologies including the Microsoft Office suite, email, internet services, Excel, and standard telephone processes
- Preferred knowledge of QuickBooks
- Ability to learn new systems easily
- General administrative experience including filing, copying, answering phones, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team as well as individually
- Problem solving and ability to research and offer solutions to problems
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be creative and able to identify and create business opportunities
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time, generally in the same area
- Ability to communicate via phone, email, IM with professionalism
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile and file tax returns for client’s personal and business taxes
- Assist the senior tax manager with various projects and tasks as assigned
- Handle secured and confidential information
- Audit bank account statements and perform checks and balances to existing systems
- Conduct research and compile reports on various levels
- Organizes and maintains office files and records
- Performs other administrative tasks as requested
- Easily adapts to changing environment
- Willing to learn and deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Maintain tax client databases
- Working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field with minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and types of tax returns preferred
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office preferred
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional ability to professionally interact with clients and peers.
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Part Time
- Minimum 20 hours per week
*Provide us some information below if you are interested in the position.
Comments are closed.