Paradigm Direct is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Senior Tax Manager to build a tax practice to support their well-established new client acquisition model. Paradigm currently has 3 channel partners that are referring 1,500 returns per year for small business owners, real estate investors and options/day traders. In 2016-2018, Paradigm anticipates 300-500% growth from existing partners. Historically, Paradigm has utilized an outsource partner for fulfillment of these customers. As part of their overall strategy to become vertically integrated, Paradigm will discontinue outsourcing their tax business and build an in-house tax practice in their Liberty, Missouri office. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized self-starter who wants a lot of autonomy in their role. This is a full time, exempt position that will require minimal travel.
The Senior Tax Manager will hire and manage a team of CPA’s to start up an in-house tax department in support of Paradigm’s current client acquisition model. The Senior Tax Manager will manage federal and state tax compliance workflow, supervise tax staff and review and approve tax returns. The Tax Manager will perform tax planning to minimize tax liabilities of individuals, estates, trusts, and businesses and research tax matters. Strong soft skills such as communication, active listening and leadership are very important to this role, as the Senior Tax Manager will play a key role in training and developing staff. Excellent soft skills are also critical to success delivering high quality service, as the Senior Tax Manager is the key to day-to-day client contact.
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation, Master’s preferred
- Active CPA
- Minimum 10 years in Public Accounting
- Experience preparing and reviewing tax returns for individuals, small businesses, real estate investors, and options/day traders
- Experience training, supervising and developing staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prepare financial statements and manage to a P&L
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with business partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Stock Option, High Net-Worth, Trust and Estate income and wealth transfer tax planning and compliance expertise preferred
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility, Emotional Presence and Organizational Awareness
- Entrepreneurial point of view that will seek and identify growth opportunities
- Energized professional seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy
- Excellent communicator who thrives on building relationships both internally and externally
- Leader who will recruit, develop and train staff to build a strong corporate culture
If interested, please submit resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paradigm will provide a competitive base salary with bonus potential and a complete benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Comments are closed.